Siemens 6SE70160TP50 DriveMon

gzPLC

Hi,
I have a Siemens 6SE70160TP50 servo in my application current programmed to work only in forward direction. The software being used for updating parameters is DriveMon.

I want to do use one of the Digital inputs(push button momentary) on the drive to run the motor in reverse. I dont know if there is a function/parameter value where I can change the phase(direction of rotation). I cannot program this in the PLC as the PLC is protected. I can upload the program from the PLC with no tags, and few of the parts being locked.

Is there a way I can do this in drive itself?

Thanks!

Using the function diagrams from the compendium you need to work backwards to determine the source of the speed controller setpoint (for example when I used this drive, I connected the speed loop to the CB telegram to avoid the ramps etc).

c1.jpg

If the ramps are being used, then as 0949' states, you can use the FWD/REV release bits to invert the speed setpoint:

c2.jpg

If the setting for P571 is 1 then connect the source of P572 to be the inverted state of one of the inputs to reverse the direction from your pushbutton.

c3.jpg

Attached is the parameters P571 and P572, currently set to in the program.

Is there a place/manual where they mention how/what these parameter values mean?

Speed is controlled via speed pot connected to the analog inputs of the Servo drive.

And what should I do in this case.

Capture.PNG

Yes, P571/2 are shown on sheets 180 and 310 as posted.

For your application using my example digital input,

P571.0=0011
P572.0=0010

The speed limits need to be checked, even though you may demand a -ve speed, if the reverse speed limit is set to 0 (P453) then the motor will not reverse.

cu5.jpg

As you said a made this change in the attched file. Will this work?

P571.0=0011
P572.0=0010
P453 is set to -110.

I will be using first digital input DIO 1 for wiring the pushbutton.

Anything else I should make sure?

And what does "B0 FixBinector 0" mean?

Thanks for all your help.
GZ.

Capture.PNG

Yes, pot determines speed in either direction.

B0 FixBinector 0 is an internal connection to binary 0

mcex.jpg

What if someone trys to press the reverse button, when the servo is performing a forward motion?

Do I have to take the above situation into consideration or servo takes care of it.

Thank you,

LD
You spent a lot of time on this
I can’t imagine how thorough you are when your getting paid :)

Last edited: