Do you know of a .............

PLC_NEWBIE

I have a customer that insists on having a rotating LED beacon. I've looked around quite a bit and I really havent had success. AB has a LED flashing stack, but it is only like 1/5 (luminares) of the brightness of a halogen/bulb beacon.

Do you know of a GOOD AND BRIGHT LED ROTATING BEACON, LED BEACON or some sort of FLASHING LED LIGHT.

I will be using this to signal a line full on a sorter (21 lane) so it must be BRIGHT!......

thanks in advance for your suggestions and help

Patlite for a stack light with LEDs.
RSA comes to mind, in St. Charles, IL.
You may want to look into STROBE lights as well. Edwards or Federal Signal
comes to mind.

response

He doesnt know what he wants, the maintenance people are lazy and dont want to get on ladders to change the bulb. LED's will last for 10 years or so, longer then the life of the conveyor.

PLC_NEWBIE said:
I have a customer that insists on having a rotating LED beacon. I've looked around quite a bit and I really havent had success. AB has a LED flashing stack, but it is only like 1/5 (luminares) of the brightness of a halogen/bulb beacon.

Do you know of a GOOD AND BRIGHT LED ROTATING BEACON, LED BEACON or some sort of FLASHING LED LIGHT.

I will be using this to signal a line full on a sorter (21 lane) so it must be BRIGHT!......

thanks in advance for your suggestions and help

I use a lot of these. They are cheap and are available from W.W. Grainger next day.

Here is the link:

Electroflash Warning Light At W.W. Grainger

Good luck,

Robert

I used a Patlite on one of last jobs and they make a nice rotating stack light available in different colors that get your attention when energized.

Just bought a couple of these!!!

I just bought a couple of these to try out. The large ones can easily be seen from 50 feet away (or more). I've acutally used a multicolor one to replace several pilot lights on a panel. I used a 3 color and only had to have 1 hole (I had a small space for mounting). But after using it and being pretty impressed, I feel I might use these in place of some panel indication lights (stack lights currently used). With the round head, I would think that you can even use these for 360 views. Best bet is to call you Banner rep and see if they will let you try one.

http://www.bannerengineering.com/products/subfam.php?sub_id=20

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom