Parallel ICONICS GraphWorx32 HMI

MY_USER.NAME

Hi all,

The customer in question uses ICONICS Genesis GraphWorx32 (v 9.22.202.3) to run their HMI along with RSLinx Classic OEM 3.70 running as the OPC server on both windows 7 x64 machines.

To start, my issue is that the customer is running a backup HMI on a laptop on the same network as another machine. The two machines are running the same copy of the .gdf file (ICONICS' graphic file). What happens is if you were to use a page on the HMI with a button on it that has the option to toggle the state of a tag in the controller on/off , it works fine until you navigate to that same page on the other machine and try to use the button to toggle the state of the object (in this case putting the process into a "Hold" state). Once you've had both machines simultaneously on the same page, the overwriting issue rears it's head.

It seems that once both machines have been on the same HMI page at the same time, since you're not actually pressing that button on the HMI not in use, it overwrites the "1" or "HIGH" state that you've tried to write with the HMI in use with a "LOW" or "0" on the next scan, since that button on IT'S screen was never actually pressed so it sees a LOW.

The company that developed the HMI, used VB scripts to carry out the toggling of the bit (because this gave the freedom to code the prompt to close after the button had been pressed), so I though the two scripts running simultaneously may be causing the issue. So I changed the Action Type of the object/button from "VB Script" to "Toggle" on each of them and that way the user could just click the button and toggle the bit (regardless of what HMI he/she is at), and then toggle again to turn it off. Once I added this, it seemed to work, but then after a few minutes, the same behavior as with the VB scripts occurred and you could not put the process into the "Hold" state, yet again.

As a test, I stopped RSLinx from running on the laptop and sure enough, the button worked as it should when used on the desktop and vice-versa when I tried from the laptop. Can't figure this out for the life of me. It's not causing the company any downtime, I just can't contact ICONICS support at the moment because they close at 5pm EST and figured I'd try my luck here.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!