Global Data Communication with Siemens S7-300

M/B

Hi,

I'm having some trouble generating a communication error on a global data communication link using a Siemens S7-300 setup.
The guys & girls who have already worked with this setup will know that you can pick up on a communication error using the GDS, the Global Data Status. This is a Status Double Word from which you can monitor bits that tell you when a communication fault occurs. In order to simulate a communication problem, I've pulled the plug of the MPI network cable while monitoring the GDS, but I don't see any bits changing.

If anyone of you has experienced similar problems or succeeded in configuring Global Data Communication with the same setup, please feel free to share the knowledge.

Thanks.

Hi,

In GDS communication table,two nos. configuration is require.

1.Send Bit/Byte/WOrd/DWord -CPU 1

2.Received Bit/Byte/WOrd/DWord- CPU 2

If communication problem is create the Bit/Byte/WOrd/DWord will be
changes in CPU 2 as per your program configuration.

Thanks!