Beijer E300 HMI

Autofabian

I have a E300 Beijer HMI conected to Mitsubihi PLC FX1. Everything seems working ok, but today the HMI just doesn't show anything on the screen, seems like just the backligth is working.....I checked voltage and is fine in the terminals. Is there any special key to press and bring the letters back?????.....Have somebody experience this before with this HMI???....

Have seen exactly the same symptom when the system was designed to allow the operator to control the screen contrast. If the contrast is wrong you can end up seeing nothing but the backlight.

Bryan

I don't have any software so I'm not able to connect to the unit and verify that there's an application there, but the hydraulic pumps that are controlled with this panel kept running. We are using the HMI to dispay some timers and to change others.
How can I play with the contrast??? What are the keys to change it??

Try the mitsubishi automation website although these terminals are now obsolete but if I remember there is a function register to adjust the contrast but if it is not programmed in the application you can't adjust it, on the 200 it is a pot on the main board but believe 300 & up it is a register

You don't need the software to have a look, you remove the power plug and then put back in! and press too buttons and the screen will display an option of set up or programme and you can look at the contrast settings and programme the hmi, Cant remember of the top my head as im now having a southern comfort after a poor twelve hour night shift, but i can have a look tonight if that will help..

To check settings in manual you need to remove the power, then plug back in press <- backspace & Main on power up then press down to toggle between prog and set up, the set up screen has all the contrast settings, to return to run mode simply press these two buttons again, It sounds like its died though to be honest but good luck!