Logix 5000 motion commands

phuz

Hey guys, I need a little extended help on some of the commands.
I'm having hit/miss success with testing a system. I'm currently off site and running in simulation. I start off enabling my MDAC instruction which has the Master axis and a Virtual axis and gets the DN bit and IP bit, no problem.
Next step is conditional upon the MDAC DN and IP bits which enables the MTAC instruction on the Virtual axis. This was working fine but now gets an ERR with code 23, which the manual lists as
23:
An instruction attempted an illegal change of dynamics.
Illegal Dynamic Change

I have no idea what this actually means and I can't find any further help on it. I have a whole array of MOTION_INSTRUCTION datatypes so each motion instruction has its own. the MDAC is MotionControl[0], the MTAC is MotionControl[1], and so on. When I stop the motion, I do a one-shot OTU to turn off all the DN, ER, IP, and PC bits so when I start again, there are no lingering bits.