String dollar Sign $$$$$$$

latchpad

is there a way to put a single dollar sign in front of a string in Studio 5000? I am trying to do that but the reference string i want to use gives me an error if i try to put only one. I am trying to control a device via socket messaging and it required a 4 byte hex syntax with $ infront. for example $0E$DA is the string i need to send it. Ive attached the picture of the error message it gives me.

Thanks

String Error.JPG

$$ will give you a single dollar sign in Studio 5000 string.
It's actually at the top right corner of your screenshot.

You can also type $24 that represent HEX ASCII code for "$"

If $0E$DA is the only string you need to send, you can just enter that into the string tag. It will be red when you put the $ in, but when you put the next two hex characters in, or the next dollar sign as Contr_Conn suggested, it should turn bold.