Flame Controllers , and gathering data from them ?

Rob S.

I have been searching the forum looking for information on this. I would like to find a flame controller , Honeywell , White/Rodgers , etc. that would allow me to interface with it to see the flame signal strength ( Analog ) , status of interlocks , etc. even by Ethernet if possible. I seen this reply by Dan W. in May of 2013

"This is flame safety, period. If you are not qualified at the design level of flame safety controllers, you should not be doing this. Buy it, don't design it. Flame safety controllers are readily available in the market place."

I just have not seen anything that you can just capture this data remotely , etc. I would like to take this into a PLC so I can display on a HMI , etc. Have any of you seen anything on the market , Honeywell , Eclipse , etc. ?

Thanks so much

Hi!

Siemens offers some equipment like this. We use the Weishaupt(rebranded) WFM-200 (and WFM-100), but these are complete combustion controllers. You can check what the Siemens part number would be.

They offer modbus communication.

Check out this module from Honeywell. It is a Modbus interface that snaps into their 7800 series flame controllers. It is serial only, but you could add a converter in front of it.

I haven't actually used it yet, but I am in the process of updating the controls on an oven, and this is on the list to install.

Brian

I have been searching the forum looking for information on this. I would like to find a flame controller , Honeywell , White/Rodgers , etc. that would allow me to interface with it to see the flame signal strength ( Analog ) , status of interlocks , etc. even by Ethernet if possible. I seen this reply by Dan W. in May of 2013

"This is flame safety, period. If you are not qualified at the design level of flame safety controllers, you should not be doing this. Buy it, don't design it. Flame safety controllers are readily available in the market place."

I just have not seen anything that you can just capture this data remotely , etc. I would like to take this into a PLC so I can display on a HMI , etc. Have any of you seen anything on the market , Honeywell , Eclipse , etc. ?

Thanks so much

Fireye BurnerLogix has Modbus RTU. We display the messages, flame signal, etc. on Redlion G3xx displays for all of our Boiler/Burner Applications. As Dan mentions, Honeywell Flame Safeguards do this also.