5380 Compact not communicating with PF-525

amsmtf

Hey all,

Having some issues with communication between a (Studio 5000 v. 29.01) 5380 CompactLogix, with dual Ethernet ports, and two PowerFlex 525 drives (v. 5.001). They are communicating through a hub.

I'm able to ping IP's and see the devices through Linx Classic, and I've even reset the drives and ran the Startup Wizard in CCW, but the PLC is still showing them as "module not configured".

I had issues with a PanelView Plus 6 1000, but that just needed the latest firmware to work (which it does now).

Am I missing something obvious/sipmle? I know it's a new controller, so not all the bugs are known/have fixes, but I've set up drives before with no issues on RSLogix5000 (would normally use generic ETHERNET-MODULE, but this time 'round, I had to use the actual PowerFlex 525 module).

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Check your setup. When adding a 525 to your project tree, it is easy to overlook the small details of the configured drive, and they have to match exactly. I find it easiest just to connect them via ethernet, and then select the 'match drive' option. All you do is choose the drive in RSLinx. It sets everything up for you.

If there are multiple ports on your processor, are they both enabled? I am not familiar with that specific controller, but I have come across devices that come with only one port enabled by default.

Double check your subnets also.

I feel like an idiot. I didn't even think about this because it doesn't have that nice visual.

It wasn't in Program mode.o_O

Thanks for all the suggestions. It was the port configuration and human error.

Last edited: