Banner IVU Plus BCR - Ethernet Trigger acts like it is lagging behind at times

Rob S.

Good Evening ,

I installed a Banner IVU Plus BCR to check the barcode on cartons. This conveyor is running about 140 cartons a minute. I am using Ethernet to tell the BCR when to trigger. I am using a SICK laser sensor to see the carton. This laser sensor is a digital input to a ControlLogix 24 vdc input. I am then sending a trigger signal to the BCR.

The problem I have is the , it seems like I getting consistent signals from the SICK laser sensor , but the picture that the BCR shows the barcode to the left , right , sometimes center and sometimes just seeing the artwork on the box . The ones to the left , right and no barcode image are , of course failing .

I can't imagine that Ethernet is that slow. Lighting seems good. Do you think it would be best to trigger the BCR directly from the sensor ?

Thanks so much in advance,

I think it's better to trigger the BCR directly from the sensor to avoid the delay caused by ethernet traffic and the plc scan time,make sure that the speed of the convoyor is steady

Trigger latch

How do you have the Ethernet trigger programed? I am using a similar setup over Ethernet with no delay.

xic sensor input to bcr trigger latch

xic bcr trigger acknowledged to bcr trigger unlatch

Works every time.

What else do you have on your network ? I have slot of Servo drives and a lot of data going back and forth. Once I tied the trigger sensor directly to the BCR the images and results are great.