RSLinx Enterprise Driver

Vada

Hello,
I have an issue with an application I am trying to implement.
We are using a PC to run as an HMI. We installed FTView ME and everything else required for it. However, when we try to run the application it doesn’t link up the tags. ( I know the '.mer' initself works because I tried it already on another computer)
I opened up the application in Studio on the same PC and noticed that it registers the PLC as a “?” Its almost as if it doesn’t have an EDS file. I did in-fact already install it for RSLinx; but as I understand it, FTView uses RSLinx Enterprise, and I don’t know how to add a ‘driver/device’ in the 'device selection tree' so it is available in FTView.

FTView version: 6.10
RSLinx Enterprise version: 5.40 (CPR9 SR 4)
RSLinx version: 2.59

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss at this point.

First, make sure communication is good between the PC and the PLC. Try pinging the PLC first, then open up the PLC IP in a browser window to make sure that IP isn't something else.

Now if all that works fine, make sure your shortcut in RSLinx Enterprise to the PLC is still good. Might be better if you redo the shortcut. it's a been a while since I messed with RSLinx Entrprise but that's what I can remember.