mitsubishi plc programming software

royle johnson

I am looking to purchase Melsec plc programming software.It is the older version not the newer GX developer.It is listed as Melsec Gppwin
-E,or just Melsec GPPW.Does anyone know where I could find this? I
understand that this software can program the FX and A series plc's.
Thanks.Royle.

Gppwin is predecesor of GX developer. In fact GX developer
is newer version of gppwin. The older software that is DOS based
is called Medoc and it should be free for download.
I never used Medoc so I wouldn't expect it to support newer CPUs.
If you plan on working only with FX and A series, even Medoc
should be ok. Some people like it (I don't like any Japanese
software or manuals but that's just me...).

I was also told that the newer plcs wouldn't work with dos Medoc.- wrong- On a whim, I tried it on a FX1S, and was able to download and upload to it.

tommy23t

Medoc can see the newer FX's and A series but it sees them wrong. (same for some newer models in gppwin)

So it will report the available bits (counters, timers, internal relays, etc) and memory wrong too.

I am not sure wether you can use these bits that you know are there but medoc says they arnt or not because I always upgraded my software to suit the plc.
But I remember medoc and gppwin seeing an fx2n as an fxon and saying there was 2k memory when the book said 8k

melsec gpp win software

Thanks for the response. I am still wondering if this gpp win software can be purchased. The newer version Gx Developer is quite
expensive.Mitsubishi does not offer the older gpp win for sale for
obvious reasons. Royle.

Version

Hi!

Medoc can handle any Mitsu PLC except the Q-series as far as i know.
The only thing is that it has "Lately" came out newer versions of medoc for the newer fx1 and fx2 series. However, you can program a fx1 plc with "fx0 medoc version" but you would not get full control of all the functions and memory areas etc.
I have medoc 2.40 that handles fx1 plc.

The medoc can actually handle the Q-series. BUT it is only a special version of medoc, that was made by Beijer in sweden. I do not know if the software is relased for sale.

You should go by the GX og GX-IEC Developer.

Best regards

Dariusch

I have succesfully used old Medoc versions with later PLC models.
For example, versions 2.3 and earlier did not support FX1S and FX1N, but could work with them when defined as FX0S and FX2N correspondingly.
Just curious whether Medoc will work with FX3U. Anybody tried?

Last edited:
tommy23t said:
I was also told that the newer plcs wouldn't work with dos Medoc.- wrong- On a whim, I tried it on a FX1S, and was able to download and upload to it.

tommy23t
Medoc will work with FX1s, FX1n, and FX2n, as long as your not trying to use any instructions that are new (such as in-line compare, and invert, etc.) I do't think it will work with FX3U but that's only a guess.

Out of interest does 1000 step mean 1000 rungs of ladder ?

Or does step mean each piece of logic on each rung ?

Out of interest does 1000 step mean 1000 rungs of ladder

No!

Each bit is 1 step ie 1 n/o = 1 step
But, instructions can take several steps - the longer the instruction the more steps

ie -[MOV K4 D0] (move the decimal value 4 into data register 0 takes 5 steps

Hi Guys,

I am a complete NOOB when it comes to Mitsubishi PLCs, however would like a small amount of guidance for kicking off.

I'm wanting to connect to a fully installed Q4AR CPU (from what i read its a powerful and redundant PLC). I want to be able to go online and upload the program from it so as i can determine what the I/O is meant to be doing. Could someone please help me for the following questions:

1. How do i physically connect to the unit (Comms cable type, comms method, comms settings)

2. What software will I need to download / buy in order to upload the PLC program from the PLC.

3. Will the same setup for qu 1 and 2 allow me to connect to a Q2AS CPU PLC?