s7 314 MPI TS/ PC

bly

Hi ppl

Any help out there ?

A week ago my laptop was stolen along with cables, mpi adapter,
software ect.
I have since purchased new laptop and serial cable( direct connect)
re/loaded step7 5.3 . We had a spare mpi adapter(ts) but when i try to communicate with s7 314 i get message "adapter damaged or no connection " there is power light on the adapter but no activity light
ps Is mpi ts ok to use directly with pc and serial cable

ANY HELP APPRECIATED
T.I.A

Hello BLY;

The TS-adapter (TeleService adapter) is for modem connections over PSTN between a programmer PC and a S7 CPU, not for direct link from COM port. See the following:

mpi_TS_Adpter.jpg

For direct connection, you need a PC-adapter.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Check your PG/PC settings that you use direct comunication and the transmission speed is the same as the TS-adapter.
Check also a little dip-switch at a TS-adapter that the transmission speed is a same speed as your com-port.
My TS-adapter works with 19,2 kbit/s.

Hope that you get your adapter working...

I think TS-adapter is very "handy" because you can use it modem communication over the phonelines or direct connection to the plc.

I was involved once in a project, where a TS Adaptor was used for both Modem link and direct connection, IIRC the connection cable between adaptor and pc is different to the RS232 version for the PC Adaptor.

The RS 232 cable is the same. Have you installed the TS software and LICENCE? Once you do, you can go to the configuration and select direct connection. This is also where and how you configure the TS adapter for auto re-dial, initialization string, etc. The TS adapter can be used local or remote.

Re: Ts Adapter

Cheers
all for the quick answers

I believe that you can use this adapter for direct connection
but to save any confusion between the other engineers on site
i opted to buy a pc adapter "PROBLEM OVER"

ANYHOW THANKS PPL

BLY