Micrologix 1400 and Compact Logix Comms

Tim Ganz

I have 2 systems that I need to link together. System A needs to turn on the Vacuum fan and rotary airlock in system B when system A is given a start command.

The fans and airlock in system B need to be verified on before system A motor will start.

System A is a Micrologix 1400 and system B is a Compact Logix. I would like to tie them together using Ethernet over fiber because of the distance. Can I connect them with Ethernet and control the motors in system B with a message instruction? I don't think you can do produce / consume between a compact logix and a Micrologix 1400 can you?

System A has an HMI PV Plus so I would like to read overload trip status and a few other I/O from system B.

System B also has the new E300 Ethernet overloads.

Hi

In a word yes
I would do the messaging in the compact logic as it's easier.
Just select the slc type read and write in the drop down list with in the message block.
With the panel view plus (if it's not a compact) you could set up a new path straight to the second plc for alarms etc.
You are also correct you can not do produced consumed tags with a 1400

Donnchadh