Rockwell 20-COMM-ER

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi I am having an issue. I have reinstalled RSLogix v19.1 onto a new PC and have everything up and running however i cannot connect to inverters, I get a message saying I have no database installed for 20-COMM-ER v1.004

I have been onto the Rockwell KB and it says the latest rev is v1.003

I have downloaded/installed [FONT=&quot]RA_DrivesAOP_Ver4_11.Zip but that only gives me v1.003

Any ideas? I have asked Rockwell support to chip in also
[/FONT]

Chris:

I told you there was a trick; just took me a bit to remember it.

Go online with the PLC, and open the drive's properties, and go to the Drive tab.
Right click on the drive name ("ENET_CIPR") and select "Create database..." and follow the prompts. If I'm remembering correctly, this will upload the drivers from the existing 20-COMM-E card, the 1.04 version, and add it to your PCs drive database, just like uploading EDS files from devices.

Once you have done it once, it'll be good for all the other drives.

See you in the office tomorrow if you have any questions.

-A

In fairness, he asked me about it the other day, and I knew I had done something, but didn't remember what exactly. Then I got busy in a different building.

When I saw the post, I thought I'd kill two birds with the same answer; then realized from the name that it was only one bird -- er, I mean bloke.

The "Create Database" button is also on the general tab, on the [Change] button popup.

RSLinx needs to be able to see the drive to do the upload. That may mean having to go onto the ethernet ring, but we're trying to see if we can do it as a pass-through of the EN2TR card.

For what it's worth, here's a technote which includes firmware revision 1.004 for the 20-COMM-ER modules, should anyone still require it...

1043622 - 20-COMM-ER Version 1.003 Not Compatible with Studio 5000 V24.
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George

Hi
I ended up having to hard code the EN2TR ip address in RSLinx (not browse) to allow me to see beyond the EN2TR and connect to the drive via RSLogix - drive properties - change - and then upload the drive and 20-COMM-ER database to RSLogix

I found the file reference by Geospark previosly, which appears to be simply the v1.004 firmware for the drive itself not the database file for RSLogix. Unless I am mistaken of course

Thanks

cjd1965 said:
...which appears to be simply the v1.004 firmware for the drive itself not the database file for RSLogix. Unless I am mistaken of course...

No, you are not mistaken...

Geospark said:
For what it's worth, here's a technote which includes firmware revision 1.004 for the 20-COMM-ER modules, should anyone still require it...

It is only the firmware, as I had clearly stated. I cannot link AOP or Drive Database Files here directly as that would be in breach of both my TechConnect Contract and the Forum rules.

However, I can direct users to the necessary information which would allow them to officially procure such files...

77067 - RSLogix 5000: Cannot select the correct firmware revision, correlate, or add new drive
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George