What is require for programming a TI 510-1101 PLC?

wilvil2000

What is required for programming a TI 510-1101 PLC? I've seen a terminal programmer but can you also connect a computer and software to upload code into it?

What I need is some direction here. I happen to have a TI 510-1101 and would like to play around with it and perhaps use it as home automation controller, not sure yet. Is there software for this PLC and where can I find it? How about manuals? Have you had any experience with this model? Any info will help.

Thanks ahead,
Wil

That brings back memorys. And speaking of memory, if mine serves correctly, the only programming device available for the TI-510 was a handheld unit or a TI-VPU. To my knowledge no PC based software was ever written for it.

If you are just learning PLC's my advice is to get something a few hundred years newer that has a WINDOWS bases software. I am afraid your time and aggrevation will be wasted on a TI510 at this point in life. Andy, you are correct!

TI510 PLC Programming

I use a software package called UPDOC from XCEL software. This requires and interface box and a DOS operating system.
Don't know if this stuff still available, but it works well.