Allen Bradley 9/260 CNC and ODS software

Graham Weaver

Hello , I have the ODS software for Allen Bradley machines .
I have made up a comms lead to go from com1 on laptop to the RS232 port on the machine .
The machine has a 9/260 mill/lathe CNC system on it with Ver 10.02 .
My problem is an error mess of " Incompatable machine types "
when I try to upload any data from machine to laptop.
No matter what config I use in the ODS program I still get same error.
When selecting cnc part programs I get a dir of the files in the machine on my screen , so the lead seems to be OK .
Any help would be greatful , Thanks G W.

I have a 9/260 control. I have not started on retro. I am doing this rebuild at home and would be interested in buying your ODS software if you are finished with it. I had borrowed a copy from a local retrofitter and could not get a communication going. The guys at Schmeide Corporation in Tullahoma Tennessee can probably help you out. This shop used to do A/B retros all the time.

Hello , I have the ODS software for Allen Bradley machines .
I have made up a comms lead to go from com1 on laptop to the RS232 port on the machine .
The machine has a 9/260 mill/lathe CNC system on it with Ver 10.02 .
My problem is an error mess of " Incompatable machine types "
when I try to upload any data from machine to laptop.
No matter what config I use in the ODS program I still get same error.
When selecting cnc part programs I get a dir of the files in the machine on my screen , so the lead seems to be OK .
Any help would be greatful , Thanks G W.
Dear Fraiend,

I need ODS urgently for cnc lathe 9/230.can you help me,please.

Graham,
It's been a long time since I worked on a 9 series or used ODS software, but I seem to recall that there different versions for different controls and modules. Does the version you have let you create a new project for the control you have?

Recently our company has procured old 9/230 series CNC. I have got the ODS software but i cannot use it because the machine once switched on give

"Boot directory missing" message and "Please connect host and reinstall executive" message.

does any body have executive software of this CNC?

Looking for ODS Software

I'm looking for the ODS software.
If anyone has it, can they please send it to me?
Please either PM or email me: jkirkpatrick ( a ) mmsteam.com

Thank you!!

Hi,
I'm looking for the ODS software for Allen-Bradley 9/Series CNC. I would like to get this software because I have an old Czechoslovak lathe (MAS SPT-32) with system A&B 9/230. I tried to contact Rockwell Automation technical support but this software is too old for them and it in no longer supported. Could you help me with it?
Thanks for your answer.

Allen Bradley 9/Series CNC ODS software

Hi,
Anybody have luck finding this software? Would love to get it, have a 9/230 lathe with some problems.
Thanks!