You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old October 16th, 2020, 05:25 PM   #1
ExSilver
United Kingdom

Unhappy Indirectly Addressing Powerflex 525

Hello All, I wonder if anyone can help me?
I'm working for a company within a sector that has virtually zero standards of work so i've started creating template routines, tag structures etc.

However, i have a query. I don't want to use direct Inputs/Outputs from hardware etc, and i've built a UDT with all the System tags associated with individual drives. (We use multiple Powerflex in a single system)
The Tag Structure from the Powerflex comes in as:
Integer
15 x Booleans
Integer
For both Inputs and Outputs

Now i've built a UDT Containing
Drive Inputs (UDT with the same structure as above)
Drive Outputs (UDT with the same structure as above)
Random System Booleans
Random Reals
Random HMI Inputs

The problem is that cannot move the Raw Inputs/Outputs that are created when adding a drive to the IO configuration into my Drive Tag. (Built as above) because the CPS command expects the element length to be of the same data type. i.e 3 dints etc.

Has anyone got any advice on the best way to deal with this as i dont want to have to manually move the 15 Booleans and the 2x integers separately.

I Hope i've explained this enough. I can provide my UDT for anyone interested. I've normally only dealt with SEWs etc that come in as arrays of Dints. Burning my head out! haha

Thanks in Advance
Old October 17th, 2020, 02:20 PM   #2
rajy2r
Canada

You can always create an AOI that does that for you if you have multiple instances.

Generally I would create UDT for the motor structure and read/write the drive tags to/from the UDT as required.

FYI, you posted in the practice section and not form section.
Old October 17th, 2020, 02:38 PM   #3
ExSilver
United Kingdom

Thank you for your response.
I was thinking of an AOI but wanted to keep it simpler. I would have thought that with it being an AB product and them knowing indirect addressing is common in most industries that there would have been an instruction im not aware of to handle this.
Its crazy..
I'll sort the AOI tomorrow.
Thanks again!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum