Failed to open the Factory Talk Private Directory for the application 'Project Name"

PLC Pie Guy

Failed to open the Factory Talk Private Directory for the application 'Project Name"

Hey All.
I'm more than a bit frustrated with this one.
I'm hoping I didn't just loose my project... Way to much time for it to be gone now...

FTVME V11 (CPR 9 SR 11)
Windows 10 Enterprise

I'm getting the message:
Failed to open the Factory Talk Private Directory for project "XYZ"....

I have tried to re-boot and run as administrator with the same result. I have also tried to back up the application to re-open it as another name but It says..

Unable to open
C:users\public\documents\RSviewEnterprise\ME\archives\Project_Name.apa. Please check that the application is not opened elsewhere.

I was saving my work every time I make a change or add something. I realized just a bit ago that it was no longer saving and I couldn't add or open a display other than the one I was working on. I had to close the display without saving with hopes that rebooting would allow me to pick up where I left off.

This issue seems to only affect this project and allows me to open the other couple I have tried.

Any suggestions???

You can solve this by deleting the two files inside the "PrivateDirectory" folder in the HMI project. If I remember correctly it might delete your communication setup and security settings but everything else should be intact.

Thank you both for replying.
The solution worked as described by Clatchet and in following Bobs advice, that very same information lies on the knowledge base. I hardly make use of that enough.
I forget that I even have a service contract sometimes. I used to bug them diligently with software issues and problems but most things now seem to be sailing pretty smoothly. On my PC anyway. This is the first real hiccup iv had with software in some time now.... I guess since the Windows/CCW update clash of 19.

Thanks Folks, I was worried I lost my project for a bit!