VIPA 253 PLC upload

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Vipa 253-1NE00 PLC from which I need to get an upload. It seems to be rebadged Siemens parts. Do I use Step7 or something else? Which cable do I need?

Thanks in advance.

The Vipa software I have wasn't free, but the Vipa PLC's can be programmed with Step7.

Use the standard Siemens USB PC adapter for MPI or the 5512 card if your laptop has PCMCIA.

There are some internal things the Vipa software does with Vipa PLCs that Step 7 won't but for the basic programming and monitoring Step 7 works.

As far as I can see, this PLC only has an ethernet port. I've been trying to figure out the IP address, with no luck so far.

I'm assuming that, because the part number includes 253 - i.e. in the 200 range, I'll need to use Step 7 Micro/Win. I've just had to use Micro/Win to get an upload from a Siemens S7-200 PLC

As far as I can see, this PLC only has an ethernet port. I've been trying to figure out the IP address, with no luck so far.

I'm assuming that, because the part number includes 253 - i.e. in the 200 range, I'll need to use Step 7 Micro/Win. I've just had to use Micro/Win to get an upload from a Siemens S7-200 PLC

Following SigmaDelta's post it seems you are looking at a remote rack.

The Vipa is/was a clone of a Step 7 PLC and uses regular Step 7 software.

I have seen applications where the Vipa CPU was on the side of the control panel away from all the IO racks, so look around the panel for where all the Ethernet cables go and my guess is one goes to the CPU, which will have a MPI port on it for programming.