Rslinx

Ok I installed V28 and it installed ok on my new Windows 10 operating system. I then had a bright idea to install version LogixV31.00 then it stopped working. I deleted every file that rockwell installs except RSLINX which is now an APP. I then restored my computer. Anyway now every time I try to uninstall RSLINX I get the error "The configuration data for this product is corrupt"
Contact your support personnel.

The funny thing is I watched my computer install version RSLINX Ver 4 during the Logix5000 V32 installation. When I opened the RSLinx program it still shows up as V3.9 and my processor is not recognized by this computer (no problem on other computers).

So how do I tell windows 10 Pro V2004 to delete RSLinx so that it can install a fresh copy of RSLinx. Do i need to run through my registry and delete all references of RSLINX I really don't want to go back to the beginning of time and start again. Why is there no this is how you manually remove RSLINX from your system ?? If any one has any knowledge on how to remove linx manually or automatically please reply.

TY.

RSLINX version.jpg Rslinx uninstall.jpg

First law of holes: Stop digging.

The very last resort when you have buggered up install is to delete files out of the Windows Program Files directory. For one, you probably deleted the uninstaller itself, which Windows is trying to find when you run uninstall from add/remove programs.

DO NOT go into the registry and start deleting stuff.

What I would try at this point is to copy the directories you deleted from an existing successful install onto your buggered machine and see if you can uninstall. Or maybe try to repair the install. It's possible to do enough damage here that would make a fresh Windows install worth your time, assuming your time is not worthless.

I was thinking the same thing "stop digging".

I would look at restoring to a previous restore point. You've deleted so many things and many probably shouldn't have been deleted that going back to a restore point might be the best solution

Open the Control Panel and in the search field, type "recovery" without the quotes. Click Recovery and then Open System Restore. You can select different restore points to go back to.

OG

Stop digging!

btw, here's a showel:

Summary
Uninstalling RSLinx Enterprise
Problem
Problem
How do I uninstall RSLinx Enterprise? Is there a clean-up procedure for it?
Environment
RSLinx Enterprise
Solution
Solution
Uninstall RSLinx Enterprise from the Program and Features (Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP) in the Windows Control Panel.
Delete the 1st RSLinx Enterprise Folder (Note: Both ProgramData and Application Data are hidden folders).
Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise.
Delete the 2nd RSLinx Enterprise folder.
32-Bit OS: C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise
64-Bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLinx Enterprise
Start the registry editor.
Delete the following registry keys if they exist.
32-Bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Rockwell Software\RSLinxNG
64-Bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Rockwell Software\RSLinxNG

Last week i moved to a larger harddrive and started installing and removing etc. i decided today to keep all my files and re-install the older drive. Repeated the move system procedure from Samsung and now have the computer back to the original setup. The next step i am doing is installing Oracles VMBox so that any new software that AB produces will be installed inside a VB box, this eliminates AB's micro management of my working computer. I am sick of how AB manages to "upgrade" and mismanage my older programs.