Omron to HMI communication problem.

Jeffwiley

I have a Omron CP1L PLC that I'm having problems communicating with a NS5-SQ11B-V2 Omron HMI through ethernet . I have the exact same set up on other projection welders . After installing the HMI and PLC I copied the PLC program and HMI from a welder that is working and transferred it to the new welder but I have no communication from PLC to HMI.

Make sure your addressing/communication setup is correct. I'm not familiar with Omron PLC/HMI, but communication setup may be separate from the 'programs' that you copied, or what you copied may cause it to be looking for a connections at the IP address(es) of the original machine rather than the new one.

You will have to set the PLC to network 1 (the ethernet port) with CX-Integrator - that is not in the CX-Programmer settings.