Need tutor for help with plc/ladder logic related class

jessedurr

I need to know how to take a schematic like this and solve it for let’s say a run time of 5 seconds

By solve I mean determine which rungs are true and which ones are false after it has ran for 5 seconds

This is how the majority of my homework are. We use rslogix5000, ladderlogix, Allen Bradley, studio5000, and factorytalk. Those are the names of every program we have used in class/are currently using.

My phone number is 6362449459
I need some one who can tutor me for an hourly rate for an hour or two every week. Or maybe just once. I’m behind currently and in trade school when you get behind it’s not good. I really need some one who can help me catch up to where I need to be with this stuff. Catching up is genuinely my top priority right now. If any one knows a good simulator that I can use to run the type of programming the way I said above and can describe how to use it that would be genuinely helpful to me so that I can double check my work. I would be willing to pay money for help finding, setting up, and being taught how to use said simulator.

917154FD-8F64-4D99-BB56-F69990A27B5B.jpg 29BF6806-7BD2-45B3-AD6D-21A667CAA258.jpg B06D14EE-4B1F-46AF-8258-99AC3856F91C.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

you have posted the program and i have to blow it up so i can see it.
we are more than happy to help you, but we need your input first.
you are in trade school and that's good. please tell us your understanding of what you posted.
look at each line, then look at each segment of the line and output.
if you have a spread sheet, identify each parameter and as you go through the program, type a 1 for on or 0 for off.
by telling us your understanding of what you see, we can explain things better.
by the way, this is not a schematic, it's a plc program in ladder logic form.
james

Ladderlogix

Welcome to the forum.

you have posted the program and i have to blow it up so i can see it.
we are more than happy to help you, but we need your input first.
you are in trade school and that's good. please tell us your understanding of what you posted.
look at each line, then look at each segment of the line and output.
if you have a spread sheet, identify each parameter and as you go through the program, type a 1 for on or 0 for off.
by telling us your understanding of what you see, we can explain things better.
by the way, this is not a schematic, it's a plc program in ladder logic form.
james

I just want some one who can tutor me 1 on 1 over Skype that doesn’t charge me over 100 dollars an hour. I have never been in a class like this before. Every one I know just cheats on it and there is limited help because all the tutors are at the other campus and none available for my specific campus. I need a control systems tutor. Some one who knows this stuff and answer my questions one on one. Could you possibly do that?

Are you using the word "tutor" for someone who you pay to provide finished solutions that you can submit for your work, or for someone to teach you what you are not getting in the class that allows you to do the work on your own?

I want some one who can help me catch up and teach me how to do it at the same time because the only reason why I’m behind is because I don’t know how to do it and the teacher is too busy answering other peoples questions most of time to give anybody longer than 20 minutes. I’ve been spending the past week and half trying to find a affordable tutor which is the biggest reason why I am behind. A “control systems tutor” is not necessarily a easy tutor to find. So can any of you help or not?

Are you using the word "tutor" for someone who you pay to provide finished solutions that you can submit for your work, or for someone to teach you what you are not getting in the class that allows you to do the work on your own?

If you taught me how to do it on my own that would be great but I need a helper. I prefer one who can teach it to me but I gotta do what I gotta do to pass. So who ever is the first person to step up and help me learn how to do this. I’ll go with. I need to pass dude and I am losing patience. I have yet to hear a rate less than 100 dollars an hour for a tutor who actually knows what he’s doing. I already paid 68 dollars for a tutor who told me he didn’t everything he said was basically wrong after I Skyped him for an hour and a half. I can’t wait for a good tutor anymore. I can not get anymore behind. I don’t want to be forced to cheat I want to learn how to do this. So if any of you could just set up a tutoring session with me that would be helpful. I just want a tutoring session. Stop looking for reasons not to help me.

I need to know how to take a schematic like this and solve it for let’s say a run time of 5 seconds

By solve I mean determine which rungs are true and which ones are false after it has ran for 5 seconds

This is how the majority of my homework are. We use rslogix5000, ladderlogix, Allen Bradley, studio5000, and factorytalk. Those are the names of every program we have used in class/are currently using.

My phone number is 6362449459
I need some one who can tutor me for an hourly rate for an hour or two every week. Or maybe just once. I’m behind currently and in trade school when you get behind it’s not good. I really need some one who can help me catch up to where I need to be with this stuff. Catching up is genuinely my top priority right now. If any one knows a good simulator that I can use to run the type of programming the way I said above and can describe how to use it that would be genuinely helpful to me so that I can double check my work. I would be willing to pay money for help finding, setting up, and being taught how to use said simulator.

Please post far better images of your code.
Do you have access to the software full time or just when you're at the school?

I don't see any issues with your approach. There are professionals who offer such services.

I just bumped into this one a few days ago but haven't watch any of their videos nor looked into their training. You may want to reach out to them.

I don't see any issues with your approach. There are professionals who offer such services.

I just bumped into this one a few days ago but haven't watch any of their videos nor looked into their training. You may want to reach out to them.

I don’t have time to start over with some online service and run through pages until I find something that describes how to do what I said. What I am looking for is very complicated. I can’t just search “how to set timer for 6 seconds exactly then determine if true or false on google” this isn’t like my other classes where you can google formulas and study them like ohms law etc. this is obviously something that only a tutor who knows exactly how to help can help me. That is my only hope. Can you help me?

I only have access to the software when ever I am at school. That’s one of the reasons I am trying to find a simulator at home so that I can practice, build, and learn more during my free time and not just at school.

You should be able to do all of this with out a simulator though. the problem is all the other students figured out how to do it using the program and I don’t know how to do that and I HAVE to keep up with them. Not even my teacher knows how they’re doing that. I need a tutor. I can not wait anymore. Please just call the phone number if you can help me learn to do this.

I don’t have time to start over with some online service and run through pages until I find something that describes how to do what I said. What I am looking for is very complicated. I can’t just search “how to set timer for 6 seconds exactly then determine if true or false on google” this isn’t like my other classes where you can google formulas and study them like ohms law etc. this is obviously something that only a tutor who knows exactly how to help can help me. That is my only hope. Can you help me?

Actually it is not in any way complicated. It would take a few hours to get the basics of most of this.
I am personally not interested in tutoring nor do I qualify, so you can ignore anything I write if you wish.

My suggestion is to download a trial version of RSLogix500 and its emulator, now that alone can take you all day :D
Or if you have money to throw around just buy a copy of RSLOGIX 5000, either way I personally would want to have access to the software as much as possible.

Then spend a few hours on a youtube, and there are many very good channels.
You will have all the answers in a couple of days at most.

And again. post better images of your code.

Last edited:
Start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tnXu-Eywc&list=PLB1ACAF773A15BFB1. It's 11 videos, about 10-11minutes each, so you will be done in 2h; the most important things to understand from those videos are (1) the scan cycle, (2) the order instructions are executed in each scan, (3) how to break down what each instruction does, what its inputs are, what its outputs are, and the state of the output rung from the instruction, (4) how to look for a 1 or a 0.

As @kalabdel wrote, PLCs are not complicated. What is hard is for someone smart to think like a PLC, because PLCs are not smart. They do exactly what they are programmed to do, unless something is broken, which is rare. So if you look at a program carefully enough, think like a PLC (i.e. not smart), and keep track of the states of all the pieces (bookkeeping), then you can figure out what what the program will cause the PLC to do. It is painstaking, detailed work, but it is not complex.

What skills do you have? I.e. This link is the description of the TON instructions in that program for the homework assignment:

1. Do you understand the timing diagram at the top of Page 132?
  2. Do you understand the flow diagram on Page 136?
  3. Do you understand how binary integer values in the PLC are represented by bits (bits are binary digits)?
  4. Do you understand the Truth Table for a binary (two-input) AND operation (see this link)?
  5. Do you understand the Truth Table for a binary (two-input) OR operation (see the same link as for AND above)?

Last edited:
That homework problem should take about 10-15 minutes to understand and document the first three rungs, then, using the documentation from the first three rungs, about a minute per rung after that.

Are arrays A and B INTegers?