SLC5/05 HTML Page

Secpcb

I want to do something I have never done- add a html page on a SLC5/05

I have a -L553 Ser C FRN10 with plenty of memory.
I setup 1 web page on the channel config and see where in data table 90 to import HTML

I searched the forum and YouTube for guidance, and looked through the Downloads section of the forum, but nothing about how to configure or a sample page HTML code.
I even searched RA Knowledgebase with no result.

Can anyone point me to where I could find instructions, or post a sample here?

Any chance now that the weekend is over someone see's this and has a link to suggest?

I have a key machine that a few people in management and everyone in sales & scheduling want to see a few points of data from their desks and think a webpage would be the best. Plus they would be able to access it remotely when out of the office.

I just want to show 6 integers and the status of 4 bits.

Thanks, but the HMI would need installed on 16 (currently) desks here.

If I can just send them a browser bookmark to pull up the link that would be a lot better.

Plus, as I am sure is going to happen, if I have to add another value or bit to display I can update the code in the SLC5/05 and not reinstall 16 HMI's.

I followed the link to the AB manual and it's a dead link, even searching for the manual number returns no a results page.

The way we handle this is 1 HMI with remote desktop so anyone can see the data by using the HMI IP.

The way we handle this is 1 HMI with remote desktop so anyone can see the data by using the HMI IP.

Same here, a HMI (Red Lion) has a MUCH better webpage than a SLC or a desktop app running on a VM (PeakHMI or AdvancedHMI) then VPN to the HMI

Secpcb said:
Thanks, but the HMI would need installed on 16 (currently) desks here.

A webpage on a SLC was good back in the early 2000's but I think you would be very disappointed to see one today, look at using a HMI then having 16 users VPN to the HMI

Are you looking for how to setup a html page?
Basic html tutorials, it has been a decade or so but I could probably diagnose a page if you posted the code.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/

Or are you looking for setting up data and connections from your PLC?

Page 253

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiqrPD2w-_8AhWjEFkFHTryAd8QFnoECCUQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fliterature.rockwellautomation.com%2Fidc%2Fgroups%2Fliterature%2Fdocuments%2Fum%2F1747-um011_-en-p.pdf&usg=AOvVaw37xqyskdUtmVHiACy9yB3J

Are you looking for how to setup a html page?
Basic html tutorials, it has been a decade or so but I could probably diagnose a page if you posted the code.

Or are you looking for setting up data and connections from your PLC?

I am familiar with HTML otherwise I wouldn't attempt this.

I don't know how to start in the SLC so I don't have anything to post.

I want to setup one webpage to show a few of the integers, one counter accumulator and a few bits if on or off with each having a description (Process Temperature, Job Number, Parts Per Hour, Daily Count, etc). And the name of the line, plus if Date/Time could be shown in case anyone takes a screenshot.

If I can find a sample of a SLC5/05 webpage code I could figure this out quickly, but can't find one example anywhere.

I was hoping this would be a quick project but there is nothing on Rockwell's site other than 'it can be done', and nothing I have found anywhere else.

If anyone has any program for a SLC5/05 that has a webpage could you please post it- not the whole program just export the HTML for 1 page.

if i may offer my opinion.

what you want to do can be done, BUT; be done carefully.
once you give them this data, they will want access to more information and have the ability to change timers, counters, process limits.
Management wants production and that's understandable, but many have no clue what is required to make the product without defects. all they see is time delays i the process and they shorten the timers without knowing what the timers do.
Create a webpage that give them the data they want.
keeping management away from the plant network is always your best option.
i worked in one plant in which management had the ability to change the timers and other parameters. it got so bad that we had turn their access off just so we could make a product.
hope this helps,
james