Inserting SDcard crashes PLC!

Paul_Pereira

Hi Guys,

I am running an ABL33ER on firmware 33.12. I noticed that when I insert the SDcard into the controller the program stops. Not only that. The program gets deleted from the PLC and I need to redownload the program. What could cause this?

Hi Guys,

I am running an ABL33ER on firmware 33.12. I noticed that when I insert the SDcard into the controller the program stops. Not only that. The program gets deleted from the PLC and I need to redownload the program. What could cause this?

I don't have an L33 on hand to check. Is the program set to load from SD card on power up? If that were the case, and the SD card were empty, perhaps the program in the PLC would be lost.

Just a guess.

I don't have an L33 on hand to check. Is the program set to load from SD card on power up? If that were the case, and the SD card were empty, perhaps the program in the PLC would be lost.

Just a guess.
The card is not empty. It has the program loaded on it. And it was not a power on scenario. The sd card was just pushed into the plc while it was running. Any other reason?

I found out that there was some destructive code using cf big write that crashed the plc when the ad card was suddenly inserted. Inhibiting the cf tasks in studio 5000 solved the issue.