Powerflex 753 VFD Stuck on Startup

maarige

Hi,
I am using powerflex 753 VFD.. The problem is that it is stuck on the startup screen on which Allen Bradley Logo is shown....I have reset the power many times but of no use. waiting for a reply.
Thanks in advance.
Maarige

Prepare For Initial Drive Start-Up
1. Confirm that drive has been installed according to the PowerFlex 750-
Series AC Drives Installation Instructions, publication 750-IN001.
2. Confirm that all inputs are connected to the correct terminals and are
secure.
3. Verify that AC line power at the disconnect device is within the rated value
of the drive.
4. Verify that control power voltage is correct.
5. The remainder of this procedure requires that a Human Interface Module
(HIM) is connected to DPI Port 1 or 2.

I would verify the above again and try to connect into the other port for the HIM.
Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

If it is freezing on the AB logo then most likely the HIM is no good and needs replacing.

on the contrary, the HIM is going through a boot up with the control boards.

I've fixed a few 753 that were stuck on the boot up splash screen by inspecting the main control board and found that the last two had a bad fan that was shorting out, or had shorted out and destroyed a capacitor on the board (visibly blown). swapped out the board for another and the HIM was fine. those fans on that little 2 pin plug seem to cause problems for all types of VFDs

I installed the HMI on another drive and it worked correctly, I think that it is probably the card where the hmi is connected, but it would help me to know what they have done to solve it

I installed the HMI on another drive and it worked correctly, I think that it is probably the card where the hmi is connected, but it would help me to know what they have done to solve it

take the main board out and inspect it for damage. if you don't see any then put it back together and hope it works from reseating the connections. but if you see anything damaged, then it's probably toast and needs to be repaired or replaced.