Convert Omron C200H to CS1

RoTaTech

The logic seemed to convert nicely, and I had to make changes to the addresses for my AD and DA and 32-point input cards.

The current problem is the NT620 HMI shows the hex value of the timer and counter PV and SV, and DM registers.

Omron TS gave two suggestions:

There is a setting in CX-Pro for the CS1 PLC Properties: "Execute Timers/Counters as Binary. After I changed that I had to edit 57 timers and counters from TIM and CNT to TIMX and CNTX. Still no change to screen display.

I tried using NT-Link 1:n instead of Hostlink to the HMI; that gave Setting error HRxxx on many HMI pages, but still shows the hex values in the pages.

Can anyone here make any other suggestions?

Going from memory (not good).
On the NT side, you need to modify the datatype of the numeral input/display.
Forget what the options are, but pretty sure that is what needs to be done.

Good Luck,
gtsuport

If the NT is showing hex values then I would assume it is expecting BCD. I would change the timers/counters back to BCD then monitor the PLC program to find out why your values are illegal. While monitoring, you can switch between Monitor in Hex and Monitor in Decimal.

You mention "SV". Keep in mind, if you put an illegal value in, you will get an illegal value out. I just tested this in the simulator and the timer displays "(Error)" when the set point is illegal.

Otherwise, as gtsuport mentioned, change the NT to display decimal (or Binary as Omron calls it). My memory is not that good either.