Recipe Management doubts

Rodanedro

Hello, I want to create a management recipes system, and 2 options comes to me attending the infrastructure and possibilities i have and my reduced knowledge.

1st.- Create a system with recipe plus and manage the parameters with and HMI or PC running the Machine edition ME

2nd.- Create a system in the PLC (in fact, i have an addon for this management) for the management, but controlled by a HMI or Computer running a ME.

The main difference for me between these systems is the storing location (apart from the logic).

Well, my objective would be export and import the data tables of the recipes on the computer in a file type like .txt .csv .xml or similar, this option is the perfect, because i and others could edit the recipes out of the machine.
¿How can i manage the exportation/importation problem in a easy way? ¿OPC may be? I would like backup, and import easily.

Big advantage to Aveva's Recipe Management Software is.... it can download to multiple devices... only 1 license so it should reside on your "Master" which is networked to each piece if equipment. I assume you have, or will have, more than 1 piece of equipment.

I use ME (Emerson RX3i) also and run recipes absorbing around 400 real integers for storing the running recipe. However.. I am on Aveva Intouch (Wonderware) and use its recipe manager, but I have looked into the standalone version of their recipe management software for customers that are not on Intouch.

By edict, I personally avoid Recipe Plus.

By grit, I will figure out how to make a fully generic and dynamic one with type punning on a Logix5000 PLC.