Get IP address of compactlogix programmatically

Just display the four values separated by a period in the HMI.

In the HMI create a text object that uses an embedded variable for the left most value, then put a period. Then add the next value with another embedded variable. Then another period. Then the next value followed by a period. Then the right-most value.

That's how I would display it on the HMI. Note in my example below I added a return after each line so this would be easier to read. But they would all need to be on the same line to display correctly.

OG

IP Address.png

Last edited:
Just display the four values separated by a period in the HMI.

In the HMI create a text object that uses an embedded variable for the left most value, then put a period. Then add the next value with another embedded variable. Then another period. Then the next value followed by a period. Then the right-most value.

That's how I would display it on the HMI.

OG

I would agree that if the work has already been done for a faceplate, this is a good approach.

If you are in a fresh or from-scratch environment, having the utility is handy so one's problem doesn't have to be re-solved.