FactoryTalk View SE DDE Server

RobKno

I am upgrading an old RSView32 v7.60 HMI to FactoryTalk View SE version 12.0 and I have an issue. There are some excel reports generated daily that pull data from RSView32 via DDE. I see that FactoryTalk View SE supports legacy DDE communications, but only as a client. Is there a simple solution to allow FTView to serve up the data as before? If not, do you have any suggestions on how best to facilitate the excel reports?

Many thanks!

Update:

I was able to push data out from FTViewSE to Excel using a script. This works, but isn't the most elegant solution. Now that I've proven it can be done I need to get all the tag data sent to the correct cells in the excel spreadsheet.

Similar Topics

Hey everyone and anyone that can lend a helping hand. I have a project that I am being asked to add some animations of Solidworks or "3D" models...
Replies
Views
I can't seem to get the Panel View Plus 7 standard edition to downgrade to V_11, when I check the AB downloads and compatibility websites for this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to export data from a DataGrid to Excel using VBA, but I'm getting an error "Object doesn't support this property or method". The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I made a change in alarm setup in factory view studio, where I changed a alarm message text. After that I made a run application and...
Replies
Views
I'm using legacy recipe to download a recipe to the PLC. A little background, the recipes are large. They are broken down into 6 tables, each 16...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom