Plc For Simple Machine

32racer

I am new to the plc world but i am currently bulding a pretty simple automatic machine that bags clothes in cleaners. i have been installing a german machine for years and they use a moeller plc on them. i am looking for a relativly inexpensive plc that will run this machine. the machine will have approximately 9 inputs and 12 outputs. it will basically control air valves and a 1/4 hp gearhead motor.can someone please tell me what a good unit would be to use on this machine? what would a basic unit cost? i need one with a lcd screen. thanks 32racer

If it's working, you could just stick with the Moeller. They are available in the states. The MFD Titan has a screen with buttons to allow inputting of values etc. You can check it out at: http://www.moellerusa.net

*disclaimer* I work for a Moeller distributor. (and proud of it :D )

Last edited:
Siemens

You could also Siemens S7-200 and if your program is very simple you can use LOGO. It's a modular programmable relay, but you can rech 24DI, 16DO and AI (only for comparations).

Forgoselo