Foxboro I/A ----?----> Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian

rustydud

I have a server with Foxboro I/A. It is currently logging data. The Foxboro tech installed the following software on this machine: Matrikon OPC Server, part number Q0301UT.

I have a Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian box. It installed with FactoryTalk Historian and FactoryTalk VantagePoint.

How can I "pull" the data from the Foxboro I/A box onto my Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian box? I want to historize the Foxboro data onto my FactoryTalk Historian box. This is a customer's requirement, I don't know why they want to do this but I have to comply.

Thanks!

Okay,
I am assuming you are using a Modern version SE distributed with FT Historian, which is really a customized version of OSI-PI. The Historian by default uses the FTLD interface to collect data from Rockwell sources. However, per Rockwell upto 20% of your point license can be used for 3rd party tags. If you need more than 20%, they want you to buy a dedicated interface.
Anyway, open up your FT project directory. At the very top you will see the name of your project near a server Icon. Right click and choose, new area, name it something meaningful. Then define where everything is located. Once the new area is in your project. You can now browse for tags or add them using the System Management Tools.