Global Object Help

PLCNooooob

Good morning everyone! I have been searching for what feels like an eternity, trying to find a solution to my problem.

I am using FactoryTalk View Studio ME v. 12 and have a global object that I use to display values and other info from four different types of transmitters: pressure, level, temperature, and flow.

I have a series of box that become visible if certain parameters are met through the tags and the data all displays correctly and my animations all function as desired.

I currently am using 4 different global objects with different labels for each type of transmitter and I have been trying to find a way to have the text box display different text depending on the type of transmitter.

I am currently using two global parameters, #1 and #2. I will give examples of how I am using them.

#1 = PIT
#2 = 1001

My UDT is in the PLC as "PIT_1001" and so I reference the tags by "#1_#2" and my name for each display box uses literal strings "#1"-"#2" to generate the name "PIT-1001"

I have separate boxes labelled PALL, PAHH, PAH, and PAL and would like them to change to LALL / FALL / TALL, etc. if the value of #1 changes from PIT to LIT / TIT / FIT.

If anyone can come up with a way to help, I would appreciate it.

Try a multi-state indicator instead of 4 boxes. Then write an expression to display the states.

If #1 = "PIT" Then 1 Else
If #1 = "LIT" Then 2 Else
If #1 = "TIT" Then 3 Else
If #1 = "FIT" Then 4 Else 0

Then Label each state as needed and leave 0 blank.