Failure to upload/go online, ControlLogix 5561

I have TechConnect, I'm one of three people trying to solve this issue. We're doing everything we can to try and prevent having to re-download the program to the controller. We're not sure what has been changed in the last few years that might disappear if we download.

Have you tried another PC/Laptop?
I have a hunch it is a Linx issue especially if you are also using other communication protocols than EtherNet/IP to connect to the CPU.
Resetting the Linx drivers and/or deleting the Harmony files usually takes care of this kind of issues.

Also Ken, could you help me figure out what Allen Bradley ethernetIP Adapter Library, Product Type 11, Product Code 15, Serial # 504D4153, Rev 1.001 would be?

Are you sure no one locked the controller up?
Run the Logix CPU Security Tool (Programs/Rockwell Software/RSLogix 500 Tools/Logix CPU Security Tool) and browse RSWho to the controller- the state of the CPU security will be displayed within the Security Tool applet.

Logix ST.jpg

Could you post a screenshot of the RSLinx RSWho applet?
How many EIP (1756-ENB(2)T) bridges are installed within the Local Chassis?

Do you have any other communications routed through the ENBT?
Have you tried patching a laptop directly into the ENBT port? ENBT/As are the first generation of EIP bridges and they tend to run out of CIP connections especially if used for routing both SCADA and Online software.
Or better yet, if you have a spare 1756-ENB(2)T, install it into an empty slot, address it some 12.57.18.111 and then try connecting to the CPU through this bridge.

Ok, I'll try that tomorrow. I've been chatting with Rockwell and they're saying that the software is probably corrupted, but I'm going to try that first.

Been dealing with this awhile, but can I get a quick recap. You basically can't get online with this PLC using ethernet or DF1, you can't use the new program or upload the current program still. Is this correct?

Can you go ahead and upload to the highest version of rslogix, not studio that is out there? Like 20.04. Offhand I dont know what it is. edit : seems to be 20.05

Last edited: