ControlLogix Minor Fault Question

gizmo

Greetings,
I need some help solving a minor fault issue.
From the Controllers Properties - Minor Fault Tab:
(Type 04) Program Fault
(Code 04) Arithmetic overflow. Result of an arithmetic instruction out of range.

I've attempted to attach a jpg image of Rung 1
Local:1:I.DATA[3] is Type=DINT
It is written to by a module that converts 2 4-20ma signals to DEVICENET. Bits 0-15 is channel 0 (one the 4-20ma transmitters) and bits 16-31 is channel 1 (the 2nd 4-20ma transmitter).
MVM instruction block is passing only the 1st 16bits to give the reading of channel 0 or transmitter#1.

I am tring to figure out what is causing the Fault.
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. If I have not provided enough info, please let me know.

Thanks

rslhelp.jpg

Try splitting rung 1 into 1 output instruction per rung, then see which rung gives the fault. When you have done that post back the .jpg of the offending instruction with the data types used. Regards Alan Case

I am assuming that FT203.Flow_Raw is part of a user defined structure.

If it is, is that part defined at a DINT? Just wondering, as the MVM instruction will internally extend out the mask to 32 bits, as your input is 32 bits, and will attempt to stuff 32 bits into the output, even if the top 16 are 0's.

Wierd behavior, but /shrug. Try the MVM into a DINT, then a MOV from the DINT to FT203.Flow_Raw. You can also use hex for the mask, as it's normally clearer to read later ... 16#0000FFFF :)

Good luck