Citect SCADA and ControlLogix

PhilipW

Wellington, New Zealand. Islands on the edge of th
I'm doing the CLX logic for a project using Citect HMI. The guy doing the Citect is having reliability problems with the Citect OPC client to RSLinx.

We initially tried the Citect "RSLinx Driver", but it turned out to have serious limitations as it cannot address members of UDT's within large arrays.

So we changed to using RSLinx as an OPC server and used the generic Citect OPC client. At first it all seemed ok, but we are now seeing very slow updates (> 5 secs) and worse still, we are getting intermittently mis-read data. ie RSLinx will be saying a BOOL = 1 and Citect will say the same BOOL = 0. This is pretty hopeless.

Has anyone out got any advice please?

Last edited:
Does he have the very latest Citect OPC driver? They are updating all the time to suite new gear.

we are now seeing very slow updates (> 5 secs) and worse still, we are getting intermittently mis-read data

Thank your lucky start it is not BACnet!!! Those speeds are blindingly fast by comparison believe me. I have a system where it takes about 5 minutes to read about 500 BACnet points from a system. The hardware stuff is not too bad (direct from the BMS Controllers) but the stuff from a BACnet software engine is positively painful.

I have had sucess using the Citect driver ABLOGIX to an ethernet
module.
Does not use the RSLinx interface.
Citect V5.21 to ControlLogix 1756-ENET Module.
The key to comms between Scada and ControlLogix is to use Ethernet, as mentioned in another topic.