[Topic (read)] OPC server SImatic Net - Connection between PC Station and S7-1212C

naturephoenix

My problem is that I can not approach variables from OPC Scout 10. I can see Data blocks but not variables.

I'm using TIA portal v14, SImatic NET OPC V14.0 and I'm following this manual(pdf number 1):
https://support.industry.siemens.co...tation-to-an-s7-1200-with-opc-?dti=0&lc=en-WW
All examples in TIA portal I have found for TIA13 and I can not open it with TIA V14.

I have done following:
1. Disabled optimized block access
2. Enabled Permit access with PUT/GET comm....
3. I'm able to download program to PLC and to PC station.
4. I have configured Tags for OPC server

Inside OPC scout:
1. Inside SimaticNet -> S7-> I see only Localuser and DB1 but not any Tags. //

2. Inside SimaticNet -> SYM-> I see all Data Blocks but no any simbolic names(Tags)

Here I also attach picture which considers of 4 small images for better understanding. I can also put project.

1. Picture 1 shows that I can not see this part "S7_Connection_1"
2. Picture 2 shows that I can not see variables/tags as it is shows on picture(I can see all Data blocks but they are empty)
3. On picture 3 we can see 2 times s7_connection PLC to OPC and OPC to PLC. I'm missing this part which I put in black rectangle PLC to OPC. I dont know how to make it.
4. Picture 4 I am able to get.

Once I download all to PLC and go to Online there is an warning/error in diagnostic buffer where it says "Wrong partner -> No neighbour found" -> It means it can not see my IE ? I dont know why because downloading is possible and they are all in same local network.
I have wincc connectivitiy pack licence same as Simatic net S7 lean.
Any suggestions?

OPC_pic.png

Hi,
full symbolic access to the variables you can only get when you are using OPC-UA. In OPC-Scout browse "UA-Server" and then the OPC.SimaticNET.S7OPT server (key symbol = encrypted connection). Below Objects->SYM you should find your symbols.

If you cannot use OPC-UA because your client supportsOPC-DA only, then you need a special legacy configuration. In the PC-Station you have to configure the OPC-Server in version 8.2, then you can get access to "not-optimized" datablocks via symbol using OPC-DA.

Hi,
full symbolic access to the variables you can only get when you are using OPC-UA. In OPC-Scout browse "UA-Server" and then the OPC.SimaticNET.S7OPT server (key symbol = encrypted connection). Below Objects->SYM you should find your symbols.

If you cannot use OPC-UA because your client supportsOPC-DA only, then you need a special legacy configuration. In the PC-Station you have to configure the OPC-Server in version 8.2, then you can get access to "not-optimized" datablocks via symbol using OPC-DA.

Hello man, you have saved me. I have lost 3 days by just trying

and trying and killing myself to the head.

After this I'm feeling so excited. Thanks a lot