G304K2 Works with Crimson3.0 Only Correct?

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have dozens of Red Lion G304K2- RED LION KADET HMIs.
I think that they are great!

I have always programmed them with Crimson 3.0 software.
Recently my Red Lion software upgraded to Crimson 3.1, and I get the attached dialog box.
The Crimson 3.0 Database that you opened is for a device that is no longer supported by crimson3.1…
I take it that I have to stay with Crimson 3.0 if I want to continue using the G304K2. Can anyone confirm?

CrimsonDeviceNoLongerSupported.PNG

You should be able to have both Crimson 3.0 and Crimson 3.1 installed. I have both. They're nearly identical. If you didn't uninstall Crimson 3.0, it is probably still there on your machine.

Yes, the Kadets and G3 series are programmed with Crimson 3.0

The Graphite series can be programmed with either 3.0 or 3.1

The CR series requires 3.1

You can convert a project from 3.0 to 3.1

You cannot copy and paste (or drag and drop) objects from one to the other.

Last edited:
You should be able to have both Crimson 3.0 and Crimson 3.1 installed. ...
Yes, they are both on my Laptop, 3.0, and 3.1. For some reason only 3.1 is installed on my desktop. maybe I never installed 3.0 there, but I thought that it was an update?

Yes, they are both on my Laptop, 3.0, and 3.1. For some reason only 3.1 is installed on my desktop. maybe I never installed 3.0 there, but I thought that it was an update?

No, it's a whole different version. Check which build you are running on the laptop. I try to run the same version on all my computers and customer computers. If you run two different versions, each time you update the HMI the software will change the firmware in it to match the version from which you are downloading.

I am still running build 700 of Crimson 3.0 and the latest of 3.1

The newer builds of 3.0 didn't have anything necessary for me, and I try to stay off the bleeding edge unless there is a bug fix or feature I really need.

Older builds of 3.0 here:
https://www.redlion.net/crimson-30/revision-history