RSLogix5K through windows Command Line Interface

PeeLC

Hello PLCs.Net!

I am trying to use RSLogix5k via windows command line. I would like there to be a script which automatically opens a project file, goes online, then hits save on it.

This would help me with a type of open source version control I am trying to generate.

Thank you very much!
-PeeLC.

There is a lot of things that could go wrong that you will have to account for (not accessible on network, wrong path saved in project, wrong version of RSLogix/Studio, forced to do a complete upload, etc).

I have used the scripting language https://www.autoitscript.com/site/ "AutoIt" to do some basic automation of the actual RSLogix interface. Be sure to use commands like Winwait, Winexist, ControlClick, etc instead of just Sleep and mouseclick.

I don't know of command line parameters other than opening the file.

There is some COM interfaces such as "RSLogix500ProjectFiles" that may be a better approach. Though it doesn't look like as many interfaces as RSLogix5/RSLogix500 COM objects.