Panelview Plus 6 Runtime to a Panelview Plus 7 Runtime- What needs to be done ?

Good Morning ,

I have 2 FactoryTalk View applications and Runtimes that were developed for a Panelview Plus 6. I am replacing these Panelview Plus 6 700 HMI's with a Panelview Plus 7 ( Roughly 10" ) HMI.

What do I need to do to prepare these applications for a Panelview Plus 7. I was going to just create a new Runtime , but I did not see any option for a Panelview Plus 7. Do I need to tell the Panelview Plus 6 Application that it is going to be developed for a Panelview 7 ?

I imagine so. What would be the procedure for doing this ?

Thanks so much.

I would check answer 116376, but my understanding is that you can basically run the .mer compiled for the PVP6 on the PVP7 performance panels.

The only settings I see that differ are the Project Window Size, where you can pick the correct resolution for the newer panels.

(Compact PVP6 -> PVP7 standard, Normal PVP6 -> PVP7 performance)

I agree with Dravik. The PVP6 you mentioned is 640x480 and the PVP7 is 800x600. Once you select the PVP7 in the project settings it will give you option to convert displays. There are warnings about conversion. I always select no. Then go thru each screen and do an Edit>Select All> Then Group. Put your mouse on the bottom right corner and hold down then move diagonal to the corner of the new screen size. This will keep all objects in proportion. Then Ungroup.

Ok. I did that but the grouping. I did back everything up. I have version 10 FactoryTalk View and I created the runtime in 10 , but this new Panelview Plus 7 gave me a Version Incompatibility when I loaded the Runtime . Why would that happen ?

Thanks,

I got " Version Incompatibility " when I created version 10 Runtime
When I created a Version 9 Runtime I got ........
"This terminal can only run HMI Applications ( MER's ) designed for Panelview Plus 7 Standard Terminals . Please load an approprtiate HMI application (MER)"
I already created it for a Panelview Plus 7

OS is version 2.50
ME Station is version 9.0

Ah, after you change the panel type in the general settings, did you tell it that is was a performance? it default to standard iirc..

The new one I have is a Panelview Plus 7 Standard.

In the Project Settings I selected......
General Tab
PV Plus 7 Standard / Performance 10" ( 800 x 600 )

The Panelview Plus 7 I have is a 2711P-T10C21D8S Display Size 10.4