Beckoff PLC CX local IP custom address

naturephoenix

I am using Twincat 3.0 and I am new to Beckoff products. I have been using Siemens most of the time a d ABB.
I have tried Beckoff with twincat 3.0 but I can not set my Beckoff PLC desirable IP address. I want it to be in same local address as my S7300(10.16.25.5)
I have connection with Beckoff plc using broadcast but it automatically assign some crazy IP address which I dunno how to change. Can some help me out with this?

In short, beckoff just runs embedded windows. But with custom add-on's such as ADS layer and EtherCat. Your best bet is to plug an HDMI cable into the IPC, and a keyboard+mouse into the USB. If there is only one Rj45 port, it will likely be set for EtherCat devices. If there are two, the most normal config is 1 set for etherCat and the other for 'standard tcp/ip'.

From your symptoms it sounds like the IPC is acting as a DHCP server.

It is Cx2030, I know Beckoff PLCs runs on Windows, mine on Windows 7. But how to open let's say desktop of this windows? How to enter control panel?

So just to connect to the monitor with Dvi cable and windows is already on desktop screen with services running in background?

Yes. It's basically a PC under the hood. If there are passwords on it you will have to go back to the machine builder or wipe it and start over.

And it's embedded windows, which restricts common things; like CMD PING command is not recognised. Quite annoying, in my opinion.

Yes. It's basically a PC under the hood. If there are passwords on it you will have to go back to the machine builder or wipe it and start over.

And it's embedded windows, which restricts common things; like CMD PING command is not recognised. Quite annoying, in my opinion.

Yep I, agree cmd ping should be useful, that was my idea, to change PLC IP address in network inside control panel and later test ping-ing with other devices

You can ping in (your laptop -> CX) but you can't ping out (CX -> laptop).

Is this CX running a live production machine? If you change the wrong thing it can stop completely. Be careful.

But still thx man, I will try this out tommorow. I don't know for any password it is new devices. If it ask me a password I will call my local Beckoff PLC provider

You can ping in (your laptop -> CX) but you can't ping out (CX -> laptop).

Is this CX running a live production machine? If you change the wrong thing it can stop completely. Be careful.

No its not. I, am trying TF6271 Beckoff plc as profinet controller(master). Siemens S7300 is I-device. I am, a little bit confused with Twincat so many IPs. I know that my Beckoff profinet master and Siemens S7300 slave should be in same network. Now once I try them to ping from my Laptop it is not working. I have ethernet cable from Laptop to Beckoff then another from Beckoff to S7300 PLC. I am not able to ping S7300 plc. Once I connect direct cable from laptop to S7300 I am able to ping

Probably a config change needs made in the XAE layer (eXtended Automation Engineering) ("the windows layer")

The ADS layer sits between the XAE and XAR (eXtended Automation Runtime) ("the PLC/NC/etc layer")

The ADS communicates with the standard 7 layer OSI model and therefore can "talk" TCP/IP