Mitsubishi Alpha AL-PCS win question

I am trying to connect USB to RS232 cable to the RS232CAB that is used with the Alpha series PLC. I am getting a failed to open com port error. Is there a driver for this or will Melsec easysocket driver work? I have not tried to install any other software other than AL-PCS win.

There should be a driver installed for the USB to RS232 converter. The driver is usually installed before you connect the converter.
I would plug your USB to RS232 converter into the computer. Call up device manager in windows and look at the Ports section. You should see if the port is ready for communication or not.

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,
Garry

Similar Topics

I have downloaded a project from a Mitsubishi Alpha PLC that we are having issues with and the representation is Boolean. Is it possible to...
Replies
Views
Simple question, is there any way of saving Function Block Output values on power down in Alpha2? Or more general question, is there any way of...
Replies
Views
Hello ALL, Have some experience with PLC programming, however I'm quiet new to Mitsubishis ALVLS-EU Alpha controller software V2.70. What I need...
Replies
Views
Has anyone had success communicating to a Alpha AL2-24MR-D, PLC using a USB to RS232 adapter? I have tried two different adapter models without...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, I have been looking on possible solutions for a simple conveyor controller that our industrial partner wants to build. I have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom