S7 variable of type "TIME"

Adenitz

Hello,
is it possible to define variable of type TIME in S7 symbols table?
For example, when type name for I0.0, BOOL data type is already inserted, also MW10 can be type WORD or type INT, bu tit seems that only constants of type TIME (T#10s) can be used in STEP 7 program.
When I type MD10 in symbol table, I can assign type TIME to it, but not sure how to use it further....
Thanks

Last edited:
maybe try a symbol or DB MWxx with type S5TIME. If you are trying to put a time directly into a timer eg. S5T#3S will give you 3 seconds.

You can make M memory retentive in the hardware config but be advised if you use M memory for setpoints there is no way to upload it back to your laptop. I suggest using DB memory for anything you want to be able to retain. The only thing I use M memory for is alarm bits for the HMI and little things like ALW_ON and ALW_OFF bits that are in every program.