How many times to reset an overload (Rant)

Ned_Flanders

Off topic I know but I wanted to rant about how stupid some people can be.

Where I work we have had some trouble with a rotary valve. It is either electrical (Contactor) or mechanical.

Oh no! It must be a fault with the new control system! The factory techs seem to forget you can easily check the alarm history and simply resetting the overload ten times isn't going to fix it!

It puts me in mind of another thread (The "Bad control panel" one) where someone wrote "Sack the two worst offenders and the rest will fall into line!"

Feel better now.

This reminds me of a conversation I had once with a plant manager.

"Those are some massive capacitor banks that you have out back."

"Yep, we had a lot of trouble with the voltage sagging. We lost a lot of motors before we had those installed."

"How many do you lose a year now?"

"Oh lets see. We lost a 75hp, two 50's, a handful of 25's and a bunch of smaller ones last year."

o_O :unsure: šŸ™ƒ "I think you need to get the utility company back in here."

Another Jenkins rule! Tom, you should post a complete list of all your rules in one place.
icon7.gif
:site: