terminal block technology

I do not know if these crimpers are available in your part of the world but if they are, consider them carefully. They are very good. Dieless and form a rippled square crimp that is ideal for any terminal.

One of the problems I regularly encounter with normal crimpers is that they "flatten" the bootlace and make it hard to get into terminals, particularly smell relays. These things in forming a square make it much easier it insert the wire into the terminal.

Good crimp too and easier as one just has to insert the bootlace into the opening and not have to bother about finding a slot. Highly recommended. I will not use another crimper while ever these are about.

By the way, over the years I have used many cheaper and premium crimpers and these are the best I have ever used.

With respect to spring terminals, WAGO have an excellent range. Phoenix contact screw terminals have a unique "locking" system built in to their screw terminals and I have not seen these come loose at all. But you do pay for them.

Mine form the square and do not flatten as BobB states, ill check the make of mine tomorrow, they are abou 10 years old though!

All my terminals are Siemens btw and I only use Screw types.

I recommend using ferrules but on thing about them. Don't use them when the wire will hardly fit in a screw terminal. You may get them in the first time but when you go to take them out you have to pull so hard that the wire will come out and the ferrule will stay in the terminal. If you must use ferrules in this situation then drop your wire size so you can use a smaller ferrule.

And if you run out of ferrules for #16 wire don't use ferrules for #12 wire. It causes the same problem.