New Compactlogix 5480

I'm supposed to bet getting a sample of one sometime. They mentioned them a while back when we were in Cleveland at a meeting with Rockwell. At the time, they mentioned that they wren't necessarily Windows 10 only, you could put what you want on them. And they are supposed to be two separate pieces of hardware integrated into one package. A CompactLogix and a PC, at least that is they way I understood it at the time. Reminded me of having a ControlLogix controller and one of those Prosoft in rack PC's stuffed into one package.

I'll ask for more specifics...

Did you ever find out more specifics? I would be curious about how much they are charging for this...and if its worth it

Did you ever find out more specifics? I would be curious about how much they are charging for this...and if its worth it

I have not. I've had a request in for a demo for quite some time. Last I heard, there was a bit of redesign that had to happen due to concerns about temperature. It's been long enough where it kind of fell off of my radar.