How to do modbus mapping & addressing

Sapper

Your the best. tytytytytytytyty.

Puzzle complete

Thank you all for your time and attention in helping me solve this.

Dan, sorry if I hijacked you post, You have my sincerest apologize

Bringing up the rear a bit here, OP Dan was seeking examples. This might be similar to John's eventual Honeywell system. This is a ProSoft MVI69E-MBS in a CompactLogix system. There's 20 Banner QM42VT2 vibration sensors on a RS-485 network. The first screenshot shows configuration of the Modbus module. This is setup with a ProSoft utility and downloaded to the PLC. The ProSoft module reads the configuration at boot.

Basically, the module reads 22 registers starting at 45201 from each of the 20 sensors (already setup to individual node numbers) and places the data in internal storage. The other two screenshots are to give you an idea of how the data is processed from there. The Banner datasheet is easily found online and will hopefully help explain this further to anyone interested. Raw data from the ProSoft module is sent to a SBR to scale and populate elements of UDTs.

Prosoft.png
VibSensors.png
VibData.png

Sapper

Your the best. tytytytytytytyty.

Puzzle complete

Thank you all for your time and attention in helping me solve this.

Dan, sorry if I hijacked you post, You have my sincerest apologize
No Problems bro, but please carry me alone on this Modbus challenge of mine please

IdealDan take a look to this : https://industrial.softing.com/uploads/softing_downloads/OPCS004E_201110_OPC_Server_01.pdf

An OPC server that can read the data from a variety of PLC and protocols, and present all the data as a organized Node Tree as an OPC server does.

For sure it will be easier to configure than to program a central PLC to scan the data of the different PLCs
Thanks bro.
the Method on ground was decided by the Top Authorities and Client's reps.
I will just have to face the challenge.

Thanks again bro

Bringing up the rear a bit here, OP Dan was seeking examples. This might be similar to John's eventual Honeywell system. This is a ProSoft MVI69E-MBS in a CompactLogix system. There's 20 Banner QM42VT2 vibration sensors on a RS-485 network. The first screenshot shows configuration of the Modbus module. This is setup with a ProSoft utility and downloaded to the PLC. The ProSoft module reads the configuration at boot.

Basically, the module reads 22 registers starting at 45201 from each of the 20 sensors (already setup to individual node numbers) and places the data in internal storage. The other two screenshots are to give you an idea of how the data is processed from there. The Banner datasheet is easily found online and will hopefully help explain this further to anyone interested. Raw data from the ProSoft module is sent to a SBR to scale and populate elements of UDTs.

View attachment 48405
View attachment 48406
View attachment 48407
Thanks for your input Bro.