step7

walters

people help me out here cause i have a very strange problem.

when i start step7 and try to open a project step7 shows 2 messages that he misses 2 *.dll files. when i search for those files i find them in s7-bin where they have to be ( i know that because i checked that on an other PC) but even when he is "missing" those dll-files he still opens the project but when i try to use protool or microwin he says that those packages arent installed.
i could use those programs since i starded working here zo i know that they are installed but to be sure i looked at installed packages via step7 and there they also are being showed as installed.
now to find the problem i tried to open simatic workstation in the configuration screen but he couldn't open that because he couldn't find dblib7.dll. i checked for that one also and looked on an other PC and also that file stands on the place it should be.
now i tried to reinstall step7. so i first uninstalled it via software>uninstall/delete i the configuration screen. i entered the siemens disk and reinstalled the program. but know i cant even open simatic step7 cause he contineusly gives an error while opening it.
this PC on which the problems are still runs on windows 98 but it had always work untill a few days ago.

does someone had this problem before?? if so please let me know how you fixed it cause i was working on an important project and that has to be done in about 2 weeks

Maybe this information can help:

compatibility1.jpg

compatibility2.jpg

hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

the firs link shoud be a great link if my screen wasn't different than the picture shown there cos i have no tab with invironment(umgebung) my screen has the tabs:

algemein
config.sys
autoexec.bat
system.ini
win.ini
autostart

so i don't see the tab umgebung
icon9.gif

any other solutions????