ControlLogix DHRIO-Ethernet Gateway Minor Fault

Aviator|Chris

Hi all,

We are using the ControlLogix as configured below to collect data from a DH+ network for use in 2 x CompactLogix L35E on EtherNet.

Is it normal to have a constant Minor Recoverable Fault on a ControlLogix Gateway - DHRIO Card with no Processor present? Data is flowing through the gateway without any problems.

ControlLogix 4-Slot Rack

Slot 0 - ENBT
Slot 1 - DHRIO/E...

Routing Table: -

ChA 63 LinkID 1 / ChB 66 (Not In Use) - LinkID 2

Both Channels are configured as Controller in Slot 1? Is this correct as there isn't really a Controller present at all?

Also, what are the correct configuration settings for the ENBT Card? Without any DNS servers etc, should it just be the IP Address and Subnet Mask? Everything else is left at zero's.

Cheers.

Chris.

Last edited:
No that doesn't really sound right if you are just using the enbt to communicate across networks there shouldn't be any faults at all
I use this to make my DH+ network wireless. what is the fault you are getting ?

I recheck my set up last night IP Address and Subnet Mask. Everything else is left at zero's the Controller in Slot 0 and it has no faults

Thanks for the reply guys! See attached some screenshots and Network Layout.

The light on the front of the card, furthest right (Status?), intermittantly flashes and then goes solid.

Could this mean a problem with the DH+ Network? I think I might have found a problem where the DHRIO card is piggy-backed onto another connection that already goes through to another set of DH+ Devices.

Because my card is not End of Line and is kind of sitting in the middle although not a drop-line, I guess this could cause some issues.

I thought if I run some Belden Blue Hose from my DHRIO to the point where the End of Line Resistor is and then put the resistor in the DHRIO card, this might cure the problem?

Copy of DHRIO2.jpg Copy of DHRIO5.jpg Copy of DHRIO6.jpg Copy of DHRIO8.jpg NETWORKGIF.gif

Your blue hose needs to daisy chain from device to device. Star networks are not allowed. It doesn't matter which nodes are the end nodes, as long as they have the correct terminating resistor.

Your last file "NETWORKGIF.gif" shows that you have added a star to tie in your DHRIO card, and that is most likely the problem.

You could pull in another blue hose, so you can continue the daisy chain correctly as shown in the amended pic below...

Aviator|Chris said:
I thought if I run some Belden Blue Hose from my DHRIO to the point where the End of Line Resistor is and then put the resistor in the DHRIO card, this might cure the problem?

Yes, that would do the trick too. Whatever results in the simplest network, as long as it ends up a daisy chain.

I have seen RIO networks with daisy chain and star patterns mixed, and they ran correctly, but that was with PLC5 scanners and SLC adapters. I have heard that the 1756-DHRIO is more sensitive to having the network terminated and wired correctly.

Hope this helps,

Paul

NETWORK_001.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering if that fix your problem it doesn't sound correct . I have to 1756-DHRIO in different locations on my network and it works perfectly without any faults