ENET Cfg on MicroLogix 1100

drbitboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Never mind, I read the manual; the options below are the only way to configure the ethernet settings.

Is there any way to configure ethernet TCP/IP (and does that include Ethernet/IP?) configuration of a MicroLogix 1100 other than one of the following?
  • download using RSLogix software plus a serial cable
  • download using RSLogix software plus an ethernet cable when the existing ENET configuration is known
  • a DHCP or BOOTP server plus an ethernet cable

Specifically, I would have thought it possible to use the ESC/<^v</OK buttons to do this, but it looks like the standalone interface is pretty much read-only; the only thing I found that I could change was Enable/Disable on the DCOMM Cfg ... And now I am in the User Displ, and cannot get out. Help! I guess I'll have to Read The Fine Manual ... okay, power cycle got me back. Phew.

Last edited:
To get out of the user display, press ESC for FIVE WHOLE SECONDS. Not 3.5, not 4.5, just count to ten or fifteen.

Yep, that one had me stumped too. Could not seem to ESCape my user screen...mainly due to my lack of patience.

I don't know why there are so many differences in the ML1100 and the ML1400, like whether you can set up the IP config from the keypad/LCD. I have just decided to use BootP for brand new Micrologix configurations. The Rockwell BootP tool has some quirks, so I set the address, then immediatley perform a download from RSLogix to ensure that the settings for static IP will "stick".

To get out of the user display, press ESC for FIVE WHOLE SECONDS. Not 3.5, not 4.5, just count to ten or fifteen.

Yep, that one had me stumped too. Could not seem to ESCape my user screen...mainly due to my lack of patience.

I don't know why there are so many differences in the ML1100 and the ML1400, like whether you can set up the IP config from the keypad/LCD. I have just decided to use BootP for brand new Micrologix configurations. The Rockwell BootP tool has some quirks, so I set the address, then immediatley perform a download from RSLogix to ensure that the settings for static IP will "stick".

Excellent, one more obscure bit of info from plctalk.net! ;)